¼ cup of chopped red bell pepper
½ cup of chopped celery
½ cup chopped onion
½ cup of Parmesan cheese
¼ cup of finely chopped bacon
¼ cup of olive oil
2 tablespoons dried parsley
¼ teaspoon Old Bay
¼ teaspoon of thyme
1 cup of cracker crumbs
¼ teaspoon of paprika
- In a small skillet, cook the bacon until crisp over medium heat. Crumble and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Wash clams. Place on a baking sheet and heat in the oven for 1 to 2 minutes or until the clams open. Discard any that do not open.
- Remove the meat from the shells and set aside
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the bell pepper, celery and onion in olive oil until tender. Remove from heat and cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add clams and sautéed vegetables and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the cleaned shells and place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with parsley, paprika, and more cheese if you’d like.
- Bake at 375° for 8 to 10 minutes.